Sunday, December 7, 2008

Me and My Blog!

Okay and here we go, my first blog entry! Nothing too exciting but I thought I'd get started! V cold and snowy day here in Ohio, but lovely evening last with my friends Jim and Dave and a trip to the "Holiday Hop" with all the art galleries, glowing arches in the Short North, people everywhere, good food and wine of course! Now it's Sunday and I'm off to the market but just sitting here all morning in my jammies deciding to start a blog.....and trying to figure out a gluten-free gorgeous dessert to take to a friend's Winter Solstice party in a few weeks. Narrowed down to eggnog creme brulee or frozen cheesecake "pops" or Bailey's creme brulee. Thoughts welcome. More later....

Oh yeah, and raising teenagers? Always interesting. My 19 year old daughter, we'll call her Barista, is home from college for the holiday break. Thankfully the bad boyfriend is history (yay!) but woke up last night at 2 am and she's still not home. Snowy roads, a bit concerned since she got off work at midnight and said she was going for a quick bite to BW3.

Me: Where in the heck are you?????
Her: Don't yell at me, I'm on my way home now.
Me: What have you been doing? It's 2 AM!
Her: You know that Med student who wanted me to go out with him last summer?
Me: Yeah....
Her: He came into the coffeeshop. We went to BW3 and then had a snowball fight! He's from Miami and has never been in snow! He's sooooooo handsome!
Her: And....he kissed me!
Me: (sigh)
(Then she was home safe. And pretty happy.)

No comments: