Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Do You See What I See?

See what's hiding in my flower pot? Take a close look. Guess he likes the cool, shady spot next to the pond. . . and maybe he thinks the doggie won't find him there and nudge him into the water (and she doesn't). Cool shade and refreshing pond water must have felt good today -- it is hot, hot, hot here in Ohio and OMG so humid you can hardly stand it. Forget hairstyles; it's frizz weather. I've been doing a great yoga workout (downloaded on my iPhone) on my screened porch in the late afternoons after work -- it's an awesome workout. . . but talk about hot yoga!

Tonight Chip was with some football buddies after 2-a-days so Barista and I made one of our favorite dishes -- Summer Pasta! It's the quintessential summer-time recipe (thanks to my friend Loretta) -- fresh Ohio tomatoes, fresh garlic, olive oil and fresh herbs served over pasta with a sprinkling of shaved parm. Here's what you do:

Summer Pasta

4 oz gluten free pasta (I use Le Veneziene corn pasta)

4 fresh Ohio tomatoes, diced
2 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
large handful of fresh herbs (basil, mint, parsley, rosemary), choppped
Salt and pepper to taste

shaved parmesan

Combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and herbs; add salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the dish.

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Place in large bowl. Pour tomato mixture over pasta. Place on serving dishes and sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

syd said...

We had it last night! Thanks Rett!